Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Santa's Prayer on Christmas Eve

Today I received a Christmas Card from my friend Janet, and inside the card, she had tucked this wonderful prayer. I had never seen this before, but was deeply moved and knew that this should be shared.























Santa's Prayer on Christmas Eve


The sleigh was all packed, the reindeer were fed,

But Santa still knelt by the side of the bed.

"Dear Father," he prayed "Be with me tonight,

There's much work to do and my schedule is tight.


I must jump in my sleigh and streak through the sky,

Knowing full well that a reindeer can't fly.

I will visit each household before the first light,
I'll cover the world and all in one night.


With sleighbells a-ringing, I'll land on each roof,

Amid the soft clatter of each little hoof.


To get in the house is the difficult part,

So I'll slide down the chimney of each child's heart.


My sack will hold toys to grant all their wishes.

The supply will be endless like the loaves and the fishes.


I will fill all the stockings and not leave a track.

I'll eat every cookie that is left for my snack.


I can do all these things Lord, only through You.

I just need your blessing, then it's easy to do.


All this is to honor the birth of the One,

That was sent to redeem us, Your most Holy Son.


So to all of my friends, least Your glory I rob,

Please, Lord, remind them who gave me this job."


~Warren D. Jennings

Last night our family was treated to the best school Christmas program we have ever seen. The program was called "The Best Christmas Present Ever!" My daughter Mary had a little solo-isn't she cute?

The program was created by Celeste Clydesdale and arranged by David T. Clydesdale. The gist of the story was that a group of children were trying to plan a birthday party for the baby Jesus and had asked a non-believing newscaster to help promote the party, and by the time the party was over, the newscaster was now a believer as well.

At the end of the program, several narrators recited the Christmas Story ala Linus from A Charlie Brown Christmas. Listening to them speak, I began to choke up. As they recited the familiar gospel story, the children who were portraying the Holy Family and their guests arrived on stage. The angel had a smile on her face that could have lit up the whole room without her halo! But by far, the show stealer was a little boy in the second grade who then sang "Happy Birthday, Jesus" in a sweet and sincere voice. Before he stepped away from the microphone, he whispered, "I love you, Jesus."

That was it, the tears began to flow. Had I payed a fortune to attend a professional Christmas Program, I don't think I would have seen a better show, or one that moved me as deeply. I am so grateful to have had this opportunity to celebrate Christmas in this way, and I pray that all of you, dear friends, will also find that your heart is moved by simple joys in this Holy Season. A Blessed Christmas, everyone!

12 comments:

  1. Anne,
    Thanks for sharing the prayer and the photo of Santa by the crib. Your Mary looks quite confident standing up there. Love the story behind their presentation.
    Have a Merry and blessed Christmas and a Happy New year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your entire post, just like your daughter, is simply beautiful! Have a very joy-filled and blessed Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect poem to share! Lovely daughter and
    re-cap of the Christmas show...Felt like I was there! Holy and Happy Christmas:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed your post and the Santa prayer, Anne :) And yes, your little Mary is adorable! Merry Christmas to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The prayer/poem you shared made me cry... I haven't been online much over the past few weeks and wish I had seen that before Christmas Day. I have an ornament of Jesus and Santa kneeling in front of his cradle. It's my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would like to know were i can purchase a copy of this print?

    Please let me know if all possible my email is hstacyhigley@aol.com Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for posting this beautiful picture of Santa honoring Baby Jesus. The poem only makes the picture more beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know you don't know me. But may I ask who the artist of this image is. I would love to purchase this image.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ambrey,

    I'm sorry but I don't know where this picture is available for purchase or the name of the artist. I imagine if you checked on ebay or amazon.com you might be able to find something similar, or perhaps you could print the picture and take it to a local artist to see if they could help you locate a print.

    Advent blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. that was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Any idea where I can buy this picture?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Any idea where I can buy this picture?

    ReplyDelete